Thursday, April 10, 2008

The power of a great talk...

Ok so I am not going to lie, I have been pretty stressed out lately. Probably way more than I should have been, but I am working on it. Some of it can't be helped, and some if it is just me being hormonal and me being the perfectionist that I am. Elder Ballard's talk really hit home for me (as I am sure it did to so many of you too), and I have actually been feeling a little guilty lately because the stress I have has been taking away from my cute little kiddos. Since hearing his talk I have really been trying to enjoy each moment and not get so caught up in other things that are not as important.
The weather on Tuesday was so perfect for playing outside, so I grabbed my camera and the kids and I headed out to play. It's been a while since I have taken any pictures just for fun, and it was nice to play around with my camera again. I am by no means a professional, but I do think my pictures have gotten better over the past several years. I love taking pictures, and how could you not when you have such cute little models?! Seriously, when did she get so big? I love those blue eyes!
Jack wanted to be a cowboy for the day, and I think he looks pretty darn cute in that hat!
He kept saying "howdy partner" all day, I love it!
I also sat down later that night and finished my layout for this month's challenge over at the Goodie Box. This is the first page for the baby's album, and if you read the journaling closely, you can see what her name is! - K
P.S. Don't let the title of the layout throw you off, we are having more kids, eventually. I can't believe I am sitting here 5 months pregnant, talking about having more! I must need more sleep!


13 comments:

Nicole said...

Kaitlyn! I love that name! And, what cute pictures, your kiddos are getting so big!

Alicia said...

Cute! I love the name Emma :)

Chesney said...

Very Cool name. I love that talk too. It was really a powerful message. I should get off the computer and and play a game with the gals. See ya. Have you decided on a middle name?

tiffany garfield said...

I loved that talk! I'm not even a mom and I was in tears. Everything was so true! Great new pictures--you're totally a photographer! You have the eye for it! And I love the name! So cute!

Natalie said...

Ditto about Elder Ballard's talk. I really needed to hear that too. What darling pictures...oh wait...you always post darling pictures! Emma is such a cute name! What a perfect fit to your cute family!

Brecken said...

super cute pics of the kiddos! You're a great photographer. I loved that talk as well. It was great to hear and learn from.

Renee Shaw said...

Love the name, we actually wanted that for our next girl!!

Brittany said...

We are so excited to meet baby Emma! I'm so glad that Gracie will have a little girl cousin close to her age... I think they'll only be about 5 1/2 months apart, right? They can be little buddies! By the way I love the new pics of the kids!

Matt and Dionne said...

What cute pics of the kids! They are so adorable! I love the name Emma! My little sister Niccole always says that if she ever has twins and they are a boy and a girl, she is going to name them Henry and Emma:)

Elder Ballard's talk was wonderful! I think I'll watch it again this weekend--its a great reminder:)

McKinley said...

Hey Girly! Always love a good talk..Didnt get to hear Elder Ballards talk But our Pastor always has a great message. Love the pictures of the kids :) Of course I love the name it fits you all so well..God bless miss you all tonz
~McKin and Family~

Emily Frame said...

good name choice. i am really excited to see pics of the twins and diff-meister. and you... i think the last one you posted was in halloween?

Kim said...

That was such a great talk! I definitely needed to hear it too. What a great message to share. Cute pictures!! And her name is so cute!!

Julie said...

That was a great talk. I take out my stress on poor Brynlie far too much. There were a few mommy related talks during conference that were great! Those pictures are so stinkin cute! And I love the name Emma. Jeremy and I have tossed that one around a time or two. I can't wait to see if it's another mini Kaitlyn or not.