The kids have both been sick for a few days now with colds. So I've been wiping lots of little noses and doing lots of cuddling. I think there is something going around because some of the kids friends have been sick too.
Jack had his first Dentist visit last week. He did really good and it all happened so fast that I didn't even get to take pictures till we were outside. He loved his stickers he got and had fun putting them on his arm.
Keslie starts preschool next month and she is sooooo excited! She will only be going twice a week for 3 hours which is perfect for right now because she will still be going to individual speech twice a week too. She is supposed to bring a snack everyday to preschool, so we took her to pick out a lunchbox. She picked out a "Hello Kitty" lunchbox and has been taking it everywhere with her. She even takes it to bed at night! She asks me everyday if today is the day to go to school. I just have to keep saying "not yet". I know she will love preschool because she is such a little social butterfly, and she will have lots of little friends. I just need to find something for Jack and I to do during that time.
The kids love the movie "Surf's Up", so they dedcided to do a little surfing of their own in the kitchen. Keslie will even say "surf's up dude!"
Jack's new thing right now is opening doors and turning on lights. He will push his little stool over to the pantry turn the light on and off many times, climb down, open the pantry door and close it many times. Then he will hide in the pantry and then repeat the whole process over and over until he gets bored with it. This usually occurs many times throughout the day. He is getting into everything lately, but the bad part is that he's so qiuet about it. He's very sneaky so I have to keep tabs on him at all times!
I have two friends in our ward that are both photographers, and they both recentyl took some pictures for me. Toni came over and snapped a few family shots for us, and I love how they turned out. You can see the pictures here on her website. Just click on: "enter site", then click on "portfolio", then hit "families" and you will see our pictures. She did a great job, thanks again Toni! My other friend Jen asked me to be her "model" and somehow squeeze into my wedding dress. At first I though "yeah right" but I was actually able to get into it and almost zip it up all the way. She wasn't shooting me from the back anyway, so it didn't matter at all. She is trying to build up her portfolio so she asked me to take a few photos. It was really fun and the photos turned out great. Here are the pictures on her website. Hit "client proofing", then when it asks for your event ID, just type in "kaitlyn", then hit "enter gallery" and you can see the photos. Oh and that is me on the front page holding our wedding rings. Thanks Jen for letting me be your "model"! I also added their websites to my sidebar, so if anybody needs a great photographer, you have 2 great ones to choose from!
Brandon has finals for the next 2 weeks, so I am trying to keep myself and the kids busy so he can get as much studying done as possible. He is almost done with Tri 1 which is a huge accomplishment because the first Tri is one of the hardest. After finals he will have 2 weeks off before he starts Tri 2. I am looking forward to a much needed break from being a single mom, and I know he can use a break from studying.
Have a great week everyone! Love - Kaitlyn




5 comments:
Jack and Keslie look like they are best friends and have so much fun together!
I love the pics and Brandon good luck with finals!
I love the pictures that you "modeled" for! So cute! I think it's so funny that Keslie took her lunchbox to bed with her. It reminds of that picture of her sleeping with the stroller in her bed. Funny girl! Let me know how she likes her preschool because it's always good to know. Enjoy your new reading materials and be sure to make Brandon read a few chapters and then practice it together.
your kids are so cute...sounds like you've been busy!!
Looking at Keslie reminds me of Christmas Eve talent shows with you and Diffy. Aah, memories. When are you coming to UTAH?
Oh my, Keslie is seriously a mini-Kaitlin.. She is SOO freaking adorable.. Love you!
Post a Comment