It was gross, and I have no pictures. I had loaded Jack and Emma into the car to go get Keslie, when I looked down and saw a snake by the back of the car. It took me about 5 seconds to decide what to do, and then I quickly grabbed the broom from the garage. Jack wanted to see what was going on, so he came over to investigate. He was so excited and shouted "Cool, can I keep him?" "Heck no" was my answer. I quickly explained that snakes can be dangerous and plus I just don't like them! I told him I was going to kill it so we wouldn't have to worry about it. He was ok with that because he's a boy and well boys like that sort of stuff right?! I smacked it a couple of times with the broom and it tried to bite the broom while I was doing this. A couple more whacks and the job was done. Jack was cheering me on by yelling Dead it Mom, dead it!!" My neighbors probably think I'm crazy now, but at least the snake is dead!
**I probably should add that it was only a baby snake and probably only about 8 inches long, I actually thought it was a worm at first! I had to kill it though, because it was going to get bigger and a broom wouldn't be able to kill it at that point!**
TOP 10 BOOKS
5 months ago




8 comments:
hahaha I would've of wussed out! Nice job! haha :)
Way to go Kaitlyn! I wouldn't have been able to do that... Maybe we should call you Auntie Snake Killer now! :)
I found a scorpion in my playroom last week. Bill was home, so of course he caught it instead of killing it. It is still alive in the bug jar. I'm terrified, but the boys love checking it out. It has to stay on top of the fridge though. Needless to say our pest control sprayed the whole house inside and out two days later!
Next time grab yourself a flat nosed shovel. Works fast and every time! ;)
You are very BRAVE! Way to show your kids. I find we can do anything-especially if it involves protecting our children. Love you :)
You know how I feel about those creatures any size any age, whatever! Very brave of you Mama Lion! LYTM!!!!
:(
Sorry, I was raised by a Catholic you know.
I am laughing so hard! I could NEVER do that, even if the snake is only an 8 in. baby. I probably would have gotten in the car and tried to drive over it, but still that would freak me out. You are awesome and I admire your bravery. Thanks for sharing, the picture I have in my head of Jack yelling "Dead it" has just made my day!
You should bring Jack by to see our pet snake, Wormy. ;) I'll even feed her while he's here.
Post a Comment