The worst time of day for me is from about 3pm till 8pm. I have no more patience and this seems to be the time of day my kids are extremely whiney and needy. I have to somehow find enough energy and patience to keep them happy and occupied while trying to make dinner, clean up from dinner, and get them ready for bed. The whole bunkbed thing is still a work in progress, and some nights I just want to get rid of it and put them in separate rooms again. I know they will eventually get back to their routine, but it's really hard when you put them to bed and you have to keep going in there every 5 minutes to either put Jack back in bed or break up a fight. We never had to do this when they were in their own rooms. We put them to bed for the night and that was it until morning. Ahhhhhh!
Ok, my rant is over and I'm pretty sure this was caused by pregnancy hormones. I just needed to get that out.
TOP 10 BOOKS
5 months ago




14 comments:
O I hear you there sweety! If I want to get anything done it is before noon for sure! It was way hard at first when we put the boys together but now they go to bed by 7:00 they talk to each other once in awhile but just for a min then they go to sleep:) Ax is still in his crib so I might be eating my words in a few months...haha They just have to get use to somone else being in there room with them. Good luck love ya tonz
My hardest time is 3-8 too! I'm so run down by then! Keep working on the bunk bed thing. I swear it took at least a month to get Ethan used to the whole bed thing. It just takes time. Now putting him to bed is a breeze.
The worst hours for me are from 2 on. I'm looking at the clock every 5 minutes to see when Jeremy will be home. I've figured out a way to avoid the whole putting my kids in the same room business. Kelson is just going to sleep with me til he's 8 or so. It will save a lot of trouble that I can't mentally deal with!
I hear you on that time of day--it's the hardest for me too! I just about lose it every night. Sorry the room arrangement makes it harder. We've always had our older boys in the same room because we only had two bedrooms before we moved here, and I'm thinking we'll probably be going through the same thing as you in a few months when we'll probably be moving Adam in with the big boys. Hope your kiddos get used to it quickly, I'm sure once they do it will be great and they'll love being in the same room--my boys almost cry every time I ask if they want to switch to different rooms!
Don't worry this will pass. As they say. You will look back on this moment and laugh. Maybe? Hang in there. You are a dedicated mom!
Yes yes yes!
This is how it is in my house, too!
It doesn't help being pregnant...
sorry!
When I was pregnant I would constantly tell myself.. OK, this isn't me talking (or yelling) it's the hormones!!!
:)
I get through the evening by having dinner early and then the kids play in the bath sometimes for over an hour!
Kamron usually gets home right after all the drama most nights.
:)
Hang in there!
I'm lucky in that department. The twins are so used to being with or next to each other, they sleep through hitting each other in the head etc. I even have a picture of them sleeping and Xander has his hand under Aidan's chin. Don't worry you'll get through it. You are one of the best mothers I know.
Love ya
Meredith
I promise it gets better, you probably know that you've had 2 other kids!!! My pregnancy with Camry was hard too...I was so exhausted ALL the time, I was so lazy, and I just flat out didn't feel good most of the time. Poor Eryka had a really bad mom for about 5 months :( You just need to remember to take some time for yourself every now and again, it will help relieve some stress! Do you know what you are having yet? When are you due again?? Good Luck!!!!!
I wish we lived close by and noah and I would come watch the kids and put them to bed so you could have your much deserved night off! :) Kaitlyn, you're an awesome Mom! Love ya, Twink
This too will pass. You are a great mom Kaitlyn! There's been good advice about taking some much needed "alone time". You deserve it!
I feel your pain.
I feel the same way sometimes. You're not alone. And p.s. I love your new bedding!! So cute!
Yeah, that time pretty much bites for everyone. Good luck with the bed thing!
Post a Comment