Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Las Vegas....

Thanksgiving was great and we had lots of fun in Las Vegas. It's always so nice to see everyone, and just hang out. Our trip did get off to a bumpy start, and we almost didn't end up going, but I am so glad we did.
The Sunday before Thanksgiving, I woke up with a really bad backache, and it got worse throughout the rest of the day. By 3 pm I couldn't even stand up straight and Brandon had to help me walk. The only thing I could do was lay on the couch and cry, it was that bad. Brandon couldn't miss any of his classes, but I knew I was going to need help the next day. I called my awesome, awesome friend Brit told her what was going on, and she immediately asked what time I needed her the next day. She was so sweet, and such a big help. She brought us some of her yummy chili for dinner, and she made lunch for us. She changed Jack and got the kids dressed, picked up the house, and made the beds. She brought me magazines to look at and she kept me company all morning. I don't know what I would have done without her. Thank you Brit!
I was feeling a little better by Wednesday, but still not great. I was fine as long as I was laying down or standing, just now sitting. I was really worried about the 3 hour plane ride, and it was better than I thought. I was pretty stiff and sore getting off the plane, and we did have to walk a little slower, but it wasn't too bad. Brandon kept asking me if I needed a walker, and we had a good laugh about it. I think I had to laugh so I wouldn't cry!
The rest of the trip was great. Keslie and Jack LOVED playing with Gage and Jake, and Keslie was lucky enough to spend the night at their house one night. She had so much fun, and she keeps asking when she gets to go back.
Thanksgiving day was awesome, and so was the food. We went to the Marriott for a buffet, and it was so, so good. I think I ate waaaay too much, but that is what you are supposed to do in Thanksgiving right?! After we all stuffed ourselves, we hung out in the hotel room, and everyone either napped, or watched TV, and it was a nice ending to a nice day. On Friday Chance's girlfriend Aubrey flew in so we could all meet her. She is so cute and such a sweet girl, we had fun getting to know her. We spent the day walking around Caesars Palace, and The Belagio. I was in heaven because everywhere I looked there were huge billboards and pictures of Celine. I think I took more pictures of that than anything else. We found the Celine Dion and store where I bought a hat and some perfume. I think I found my dream job. I could totally work in that store all day selling Celine products and listening to Celine all day!

Saturday we hung out at my sister in law's and then we took the kids the park and had lunch before we had to head to the airport. My sister in law has such a cute house and I came home wanting to decorate mine. It was nice to get a little break from reality, but I think we were all glad to get back home and get on our regular schedules again. Me doing my best Celine impersonation.

Tired, tired boy.
My cute sleepy guys.
Keslie wanted take this lifesize pony home. Uh, sorry Kes I don't think it would fit on the airplane, and did you see the price tag on that thing?!


5 comments:

McKinley said...

I am so sorry about your headaches..i have then from time to time. I hope you are doin better. What a fun family you all Have!I am so happy for you. Tell everyone Hi and give those cute kidos hugs... what's your plans for christmas? Love ya talk to you soon!

Brit said...

Look at my cute friend! You look great in that picture! I'm so glad that you're feeling better with your back and headaches! Tell Keslie that I love her new haircut.

Alicia said...

So what was wrong with your back? that's weird! I'm glad you guys had fun! Love the Celine stance :)

Matt and Dionne said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I LOVE the pic of Jack sleeping in his carseat--priceless!!!

Heidi said...

That stinks about your back. What happened? Does it do that often? I was just curious. The pictures are great. You're lucky to have a great friend to take care of you. Elle still talks about you "her other teacher" occasionally. It's cute.