Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lost in translation....

As a Mom I have many job titles; short order cook, housekeeper, nurse, teacher, chauffeur, and translator. If you don't speak Keslienese or Jacknese than I can translate for you. After every conversation with both sets of grandparents I have to get back on the phone and translate the whole conversation. I even have to translate for Brandon sometimes. Keslie and Jack both looove to talk so my skills are needed often. Here are some of the things they have been saying lately.

Keslie:
Her speech has improved so much, and it's a lot easier to understand her, but I love the way she says certain things, it's pretty cute!

I not know = I don't know
Trincess = Princess
Arce Cream = Ice Cream
Bird-day =Birthday
Firsh up dude =Surf's up dude
Dokie-Dokie Grayma = Okie Dokie Grandma
Dus a minute = just a minute
Skoos me pease = Excuse me please

She's also been so funny lately and been trying to start conversations. We were eating dinner one night and she said to me "so how's you mom?" I smiled and held back a laugh and then realized she was waiting for a response. I said "she's good thanks for asking"
I caught her on her pretend phone the other day having a conversation with her Mimi. This is how the conversation went:
Keslie: Hi Mimi, so how you doin?
Pause
Keslie: Oh great! So how Brandon?
Pause
Keslie: You love him? I love him too
Keslie: So, how Papa? Oh Jack want to say hi, dus a minute
Keslie hands the phone to Jack
Jack: Hi Papas
Keslie Ok say bye Jack
Jack: Bye Papas
Keslie gets back on the phone
Keslie: Ok bye, love you

She didn't know I was standing behind her writing this all down. It was so funny, I kept laughing about it all day. She's such a funny girl!

Jack is talking constantly and he will repeat back whatever you say to him. His vocabulary is huge because he has three people to repeat words after.

Treat-treat = trick or treat
Poo- poos = Blue's Clues
Poo poo-poddy = my cue to grab a diaper and wipes
Thommy choo-choo = Thomas
Akeen = Lighting McQueen
Biyear = Buzz Lightyear
Dowa = Dora
Mana = Banana
Nummy = grapes
Ja-Ja = Jack Jack
Saucy = Keslie
Dee-dee = His buddy Ethan
Maymays = Yes Mam
Nodoit = No I do it
Holme= Hold me

I am constantly amazed and the words and phrases that come out their mouths sometimes. Usually I think they aren't even listening to me until they will say it a few days later out of the blue.

Well I just wanted to catch everyone up a little on the happenings around here. I seem to blog, blog, blog and then take breaks from it, so I am trying to be a little more consistent with it. I hope everyone is having a great week so far. We love and miss everyone!!!!

5 comments:

Brit said...

You forgot my favorite Jacknese line, "nee how" = need help. I love it when he says that! Keslie is so funny! I have a feeling that her Primary teachers will be knowing everything that goes on at your house. hahahaha

McKinley said...

So cute!!!

Kim said...

I love the translations! so so cute!

elizabeth kartchner said...

Did you enjoy grey's anatomy? :)

Unknown said...

so cute! I hope that you scrap those conversations!