for making me smile!

So this afternoon was pretty bad. I won't go into details, but I will say that bedtime couldn't have come soon enough! Every night we all read stories together on Keslie's bed, and Jack got down and decided to go play while I finished reading to Keslie. After I had tucked her in and given her lots of goodnight kisses, I walked out of her room to see this. Jack had climbed into this bin and was just sitting there talking to himself. It made me smile and even laugh a little. I needed a change in my mood and this helped a lot. Most days around here are pretty good and then there are those days that are just HARD. I know this whole motherhood thing is not always supposed to be easy, but it's just so intense. Keslie and Jack are great kids but it's just so tiring and they require SO much attention All the time. I just feel like I could really use a break right now. I really need to step back, regroup, and adjust my focus a little. I'm really burned out right now, and I feel guilty because I don't feel like I am giving everything I can give.
I think this picture of Keslie is a great example of how I am feeling right now. I think maybe I just need to put on a bandaid, Keslie thinks they fix everything! I'm off to bed, I know sleep would do me a lot of good right now. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day. Night all - Kaitlyn
2 comments:
I know the feeling!!
Mines more guilt but we dont need to get into that right now! but I am so glad for the days and moments that make us laugh!It is so important that when we can we enjoy our kids!! That is why we are blessed with kids so we can make it throught he hard times. I dont know what i would have done without my kids(and wes) Through theese tough days i have been having! It is so nice talking with you and sharing. Thank you have a good day girl and kiss those babies for us!!
boy, i have been there! There are just times when you need a few hours of "alone time"...I get some of that time on an occasional weekend when Ry isn't busy. It totally recharges me! The unpacking is going well, we're just waiting on our floors to get done...my hubby needs to make up his mind on what he wants. So my house will just be a mess for a little while longer. Keep me posted on any fun things going on!
Post a Comment