
Lou Ferrigno AKA "The Incredible Hulk" came to Brandon's school this week. He goes around to lots of different schools and gives motivational speeches. When Brandon told me who was coming I asked "who is that?" Then he told me he was "The Incredible Hulk" and then I knew who he was talking about. Brandon is a big fan of all thing from the '80's so he thought it was pretty cool to meet him.

So here are a few pictures of the kids and their new bunkbed. We have been looking for a white metal bunkbed for a while, and we actually found this at IKEA. It was a great price and it's really sturdy. We put Keslie and Jack in the same room so we can make room for the new baby. Keslie and Jack have been sleeping in the same room for a while now so they were already used to each other. They were sleeping in Jack's room where Jack was still in the crib and Keslie would sleep on the extra bed in his room. Even though she had a room and a bed of her own, they like being together.

Since this is Jack's first time in a 'big boy bed", we knew it was going to take some getting used to. That is a bit of an understatement though. We put them to bed between 7 and 7:30, but Jack doesn't fall asleep until after 9pm most nights. he loves the new freedom of getting out of bed and he is constantly getting up and down. He even started coming out of the room, but he learned real quick that was a big no-no. Usually Brandon or I has to go and lay down with him and he usually falls asleep pretty quickly. He's been pretty grumpy this past week too because he hasn't been getting his normal amount of sleep. I'm sure once the "newness" of the bed wears off, we will be back to our normal routine. (Hopefully!)

Keslie LOVES her new "bump heads" as she calls them and she tells everyone about them. She also will tell you that She goes up and Jack goes down, meaning she is on the top bunk and Jack is on the bottom bunk. It's pretty cute to see them so excited about their new beds.
8 comments:
I wonder what the "Incredible Hulk" would speak about in a motivational speech...hmmmm. Anyway...bunk beds are any child's dream. As you could tell when E scaled to the top with Keslie in 2 seconds. Good luck keeping Mr. Jack in bed. I hope you don't have to resort what we have to do...
My boys have been sharing a room since we moved into my parents before comming up here and it is ok and somdays i wisha they had there own, cuz I think Tate would sleep longer than axton lets him cuz ax is usaly down by 7 to 7:30 most nights. but I cant wait to get them bunk beds they will love it. ax is still alittle to young right now. I am so excited you guys are having another one..hope fully by aug mabey i could come see you and your family? That would be awesom.!
Bunkbeds--how fun!! We will be getting some for the boys room when Michael graduates from the crib in the next year. I can't wait to get rid of the crib--for now at least:)
Sounds like it was a big moment for Brandon to meet "THe Hulk"! I felt the same way when I met The Japanese National Champion Hot Dog eater! Serious, I have my picture with him in NYC. It was a big moment! THe kids look like they are loving their bunk beds. Lovey asks about Keslie all the time as well. She says, " mommy, where's kes, can we go play?"
Kamron would think that picture is so awesome! He loves that guy. I'll have to show hime when he gets home. :)
We went through the same thing with the bunk beds. Pretty soon it will be normal and I'm sure it will et easier. I like having my girls together. Maybe it was the constant companionship of my sister growing up, but I don't like them to be alone. I wil probably put Kora in there with then when she's old enough. ANyways, great pix! I'm going to go check out your recipes now.
The bunkbeds look great! I'm glad the kiddos are enjoying it. Hopefully Jack will get used to it quickly, it sounds like he already is starting to--I know about the grumpy not enough sleep days... hope those go away fast!
Isn't IKEA the greatest place in the world? I so love that store! I've never gone and spent less then 4 hours there. How are your kids doin with them?
Post a Comment