Summer is over and it's time for school to start again. My kids had exactly 2 months of Summer vacation, and it went by a little too fast. We did swim a lot and we also made it to Utah twice, but I still feel like we didn't do as much as I would have liked. Oh well, we still had fun, and I did get a nice little tan!
The kids were excited to start the new school year, and Jack was really excited that he now gets to stay all day, eat lunch at school, and go to Specials (PE, Art, Music).
Keslie is our big 2nd Grader (when did that happen?), and she was most excited about playing on the playground again and meeting new friends. She wasn't excited about doing "hard work" as she put it. Her teacher is really nice, and we've heard she's a little strict, but that is exactly what Kes needs!
2nd Grade (Not the Peace sign!)
Showing off her backpack....
I let the kids pick out their own backpacks this year, and although they aren't ones that I would have chosen, they loved them and I kept my mouth shut. They are only young once and I know they will grow out of this stuff soon enough anyway right?!!
(Don't you love the accessories that Keslie has already added?!)
Jack-Man the 1st Grader!! He has the same teacher (they have the same teacher for kindergarten and 1st), and he has almost all of the same kids in his class too. I really liked his teacher last year, so I was happy to have her again. She is super organized and really works hard at what she does. She is also a lot of fun, and Jack loves her!
1st Grade!
Jack was most excited about eating lunch at school, going to PE, and playing with his old friends. He was not too excited though about Music or Art (not really sure why?).
We love school!!!
Emma has been enjoying her one-on-one time with Mommy, but she looooves when the kids come home. She will follow Jack around the rest of the day saying "Come on Jack, let's play!" I am enjoying running errands with only 1 child, and being able to get some things done that were put on hold during the summer.
It's also nice to be back into a regular routine, now I just need to work on getting to bed earlier since I have to get up earlier!




3 comments:
Hooray! Finally a post! I love kes new haircut. Dare i say it makes her look so much older. I love the first day of school pictures! They look so excited and filled with anticipation! So glad they got good teachers! Looks like its the start of a fabulous new school year! Keep the posts coming! :)
And yes I just realized I used all exclamation points and NO periods!!!! I guess I'm extra excited about my comments!!!!!!!! Haha! xoxo
wow! the kids are grown up. Hopefully they enjoy the school year. Its so nice having one at home too!
Love the new do for Kes! And Mr. J looks as handsome as ever. What a good idea to keep the same teacher for 1st grade. Enjoy the time with Emma...she'll be starting school before you know it. Glad tose you are blogging again!
Post a Comment