This kids didn't have school on Friday, so we picked up two of our favorite cousins, headed to Denver, and took a tour of Hammond's Candy Factory. When we told the kids where we were going, Jack asked if we were going to get to see the "little orange people." Brandon and I had a good laugh over that one, and I think the kids had fun even without a boat ride down a chocolate river!
I made them pose for lots of pictures, and they were all good sports about it. I think they are all used to it though because someone in the family is always pulling out a camera and saying "cheese."
The tour was really fun and it was cool to see the candy being made. Hammonds has been open since 1920, and is one of the very few candy factories that still makes all of their candy by hand. (Just a little piece of trivia for ya!)
Keslie took her DS with her so she could take pictures. She took a lot, and she even put together a little video with music included! I think my kids are already passing me up in the technology department!
Posing for more pictures....
Everyone got free candy at the end, and I'm pretty sure it was the kids favorite part.
I know Emma loved it!
On our way home, we stopped at a park to play and have lunch. It was pretty cold and windy, so we didn't stay long.
My kids love to be outside, and they are seriously at their happiest when they are.
Lovey was showing me her mad monkey bar skills.
Jack and Soren spun around until they were dizzy.
Emmie loved the swings too.
The kids did manage to grab a few bites in between sliding, climbing, spinning, and running!
When I asked the kids later what their favorite part of the day was, they all said "Candy, and playing outside with our cousins!"
TOP 10 BOOKS
5 months ago




5 comments:
Yay! I want to go! That was so sweet of you guys to take all the kids! Thats' awesome they get to hang out! Great pics!
Thanks for taking them Kaitlyn. They had so much fun! IT's going to be great for them to get to play together a lot!
I'm loving Emma's piggy-tails and thos BOWS! Where did you get them? Don't tell me you made them!?
I'm so glad you're having fun and getting semi-settled!
Love & Miss you,
MJ
xoxo
Very cute post. I agree...family and candy...can't beat that. You must already be acclimated to Co. if you can picnic in January. I really like your new background. It is very crisp and clean looking. The Christmas one was very cute too though. LYTTTTTTTM!
What fun! I would have been looking for oompa loompas too. :) Glad you made it safely to Colorado and are settling in.
Post a Comment