In an attempt to get the kids to try diiferent things, and to change up the boring old lunch routine, I have started making bento style lunches for the kids. Mine are nowhere near as cute or fun as traditional bentos, but the kids love them, and have actually tried some new things.
Last year Jack pretty much ate PB&J for lunch everyday, so he is actually the biggest reason I wanted to try some new things. I figured he would get sick of eating PB&J 5 days a week, and he is my pickiest eater, so I am hoping by making his lunch more fun, he will try some new things. Keslie is pretty good about trying new things, and since she is my creative one, she appreciates the effort that goes into making these. She is always excited to see what she has for lunch. I even make something similar for Emma to eat throughout the day.
I am always looking for new lunch ideas, so I thought I would post what we've been eating to maybe give some of you some new ideas!
Keslie: Chocolate milk - Ham, cheese, and pickle sandwich cut into circles - Apples and grapes, with peanut butter to dip the apples in - Yogurt with chocolate chips - Marshmallows with Ants on a log underneath.
Jack: Apple Juice - PB&J cut into circles - Apples and grapes, with peanut butter to dip apples in - Yogurt with chocolate chips - Marshmallows with Ants on a Log underneath.
*I was hoping that the marshmallows would entice the kids to try the Ants on a Log, but no such luck! Jack just picked off the marshmallows and ate those, but Keslie didn't even eat the marshmallows because she said "They had celery on them". Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying on that one!
Tuesday -
Keslie: Chocolate Milk - Strawberries - Cream cheese and Jelly "sushi" sandwich - Babybell cheese with a bear cut out - Carrots and ranch
Jack: Apple Juice - Yogurt raisins - Leftover pizza - Carrots and Ranch
*Almost everything was eaten on this day - yay!
Wednesday - My camera was out of batteries so I couldn't take a picture, but I'll write down what they had anyway
Keslie: Apple Juice - Circle sandwich - Chips - Fruit Leather - Cucumbers and Ranch
Jack: Same as Kes
*Keslie ate everything, and Jack ate everything except for the cucumbers which he specifically asked for - crazy kid!
Thursday - Pizza day, so they both bought lunch today. I don't think Jack liked it very much, cause he came home starving and ate 3 snacks when he usually has 1!
I got these boxes at The Container Store, and so far we really like them. They fit great into the kids lunch boxes and it also cuts down on the use of ziploc bags.




5 comments:
Great idea! I would have never thought of all that! Where do you get the little things of peanut butter from?
this has good mom written all over it! you're awesome! so glad they love them and that jack is actually venturing away form pb and j. :) nice job!
i like those boxes. I might have to go get one for myself
Impressive...the packaging and the fact that K and J are eating all of it. Good eaters and an inspired Mom. That takes more effort on your part to think this up and prepare it! Kuddos for your hard work! LYTTTTM!
Wow you are such a good mom. That's a lot of work and effort. It's great that they look forward to what's in their lunch everyday. Thanks for the ideas! :)
Post a Comment