Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Keslie's Turn

Keslie started soccer this past week, and She has already had her first practice and first game. She is doing really well so far considering that she is one of the youngest players and that she has never played before. I am sure with a little more practice she will be a pro in no time. (Too bad Auntie Twink doesn't live closer so she could teach K and J a few tricks!!)
When Keslie sat down to take a water break during practice, Jack sat down by her, patted her on the back and said "Good job Ses!" (He calls her Ses since he can't say Kes). It was such a cute moment between the two of them and I am so glad that they are such good friends.



She was waiting for her turn to play. She was having fun watching and cheering on her team.

Yay, she is out on the field ready to go!





This is what the game pretty much looked like; just a herd of kids chasing the ball. There were arms and legs flailing everywhere, so funny to watch!

My camera battery died halfway through the game so I didn't get to take any pictures of Kes playing goalie. Each player gets to take a turn during the game to play goalie, and Kes got her chance during the last half. Brandon stood down there by the net with her and gave her a quick run through of how to play goalie. She did really well and actually stopped 3 balls from going in. Way to go Kes!! Her team won 4-2!!





10 comments:

Tori :) said...

So cute!! Her hair looks adorable...
I remember Izzy playing soccer and it was like a swarm of bees running up and down the field.

okiedokiegma said...

Cute hairstyle...if it was pigtails that would be Courtney's audition style for Stars. It is really getting long! And those long legs should help her run very well! Keep having fun Kes! And I agree how special it is that K and J are so close. You are doing good things with your kids. LYTM!!!!

Brittany said...

Go Kes! Go! Gage and Jake would love to play soccer with you this summer!

Brecken said...

very cute. I bet she is a great little player. she looks like she is getting really tall.

Emily Frame said...

that girl is all legs. the one kartchner gene that missed me. the big nose i got.

Natalie said...

How cute! What fun pictures! Kaitlyn, can you send your email address to me at natalie_jepsen@hotmail.com? Thanks and have a great day!

Alicia said...

So cute! I wish we had warm enough weather here to be outside :)

tiffany garfield said...

Yeah, I wish I could teach them stuff too! I will this summer in CO. Kes is seriously so tall and ALL legs! She looks so cute in all her soccer gear. I love that her and Jack get along so well and it's so cute that he patted her on the back. I hope my kids are like that! Love ya, Twink :)

Missy said...

Crazy, I just realized that you and Tara Chesnut Shumway (yep, she married Spencer) both have Keslies. I'd never heard that name before. Small world.

Unknown said...

How cute are her socks? I love them! What sweeties!