Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

We had a great weekend and I know the kids had fun too. As I mentioned before, we had an Easter Egg hunt with our friends on Friday. It was fun, but a little crazy with so many little kids running around. I'm just glad it wasn't at my house! Keslie was a pro at finding the easter eggs, but Jack stopped after only finding 2 eggs. He just wanted to sit down and eat the candy that was inside! I let him have a few pieces then took the rest away to save for later, but everytime I turned away for a second he had a new piece of chocolate in his mouth. I didn't know where he was getting it from until I caught him taking it from other kids. He's so quiet that nobody even noticed him sneaking their candy!
Sunday morning the kids got baskets from the Easter Bunny or the "Measter Bunny" as Keslie would say. They both got candy and they each got a little toy. Jack got a Thomas train for his train set, and Keslie got a Polly Pocket. They were both very excited about their new toys and even wanted to take them to church.
It was a little chilly yesterday, so Keslie wasn't able to wear her cute new sandals that went with her dress. I also tried to make her a matching hairbow, but I failed miserably. I guess I should leave that up to her professional bowmaker Mimi! I tried to take some pictures of the kids after church in their easter outfits, but that didn't go over very well. Keslie was pretty cooperative, but as you can see by these pictures, Jack did not want to sit still at all. I was so excited because this was the first time their outfits matched and I wanted to get some pictures of them together. Oh well, I guess we will have to try for another photo shoot later!
Keslie starts dance class again this week and they both start swim lessons on the 23rd. I am also in charge of sharing time this Sunday, and Brandon and I have to speak in church on the 22nd. (yikes!) I haven't had to speak in church since high school, but I guess everyone has to do it at some point. These next few weeks are going to be busy and a little stressful, but that's life right?! Have a great week! -Kaitlyn
























2 comments:

Stevie said...

Keslie's so cute posing in her dress! That's fun that you got matching Easter outfits. I didn't even think about that this year until it was too late! Oh well, I guess there's next year.
-Stevie
PS I hope you don't mind, I lifted the picture of all the kids in Chesney's yard...

Alicia said...

Way cute! Jaide got the same Polly Pocket Jeep from the Easter Bunny too :)